To celebrate getting my new kicks, I thought it’d be fun to compile a list of my favorite spinning songs from this year.
Spinning instructors out there, please weigh in on the type of drills these songs would be suited for. I could definitely be wrong!
[REVISED 12/31] And I just realized I was short one song for the 10. Oops! See that missing 10th song at the end of the list.
Avicii. Does this put you in the NYE spirit?
Totally true image courtesy of RateYourBurn.com
You know you’re a spin addict when…
- You spend more time browsing workout gear than regular clothes
- You are very attached to your special spin class water bottle (you know, the one that holds the perfect amount of water for a class, fits in the cup holder, and has a fliptop or nozzle)
- Your car smells perpetually like sweat
- Your musical taste has likely gone down a couple notches
- You mentally categorize a new song you hear as a sprint, climb, or jog. And when you hear a new song, your first thought is often “Can I spin to this?”
- You schedule important appointments around your favorite spin class
- You have taken one class earlier than 7:00 am
- You get more excited than needed when you hear a requested song played in class
- You feel elated when an instructor compliments you in class
- When a favorite instructor stops teaching your class time, your response is close to mourning
Any of these describe you? If you exhibit more than 5 of these signs, you’re surely one of us. Welcome! We are a very nice bunch.